Choose another career stream
Marketing : Think, Create, Sell
The consumer market is very unpredictable. Newer and improved products launched almost every other day also make it very competitive. The marketing department of a company works to understand what the consumers want, and present their products in a way so as to beat the competition. Analyzing, strategizing, coming up with new ideas, outdoing the competition, all are part of a day in the life of a marketing manager.
For a rewarding career in marketing, your child should be:
- Good with understanding what makes people tick. While skill can be developed, one must have an interest in this subject.
- A team player when it comes to a group project, rather than do things all alone.
- Able to deal with all kinds of people. In an organization one will get to deal with both white-collar and blue-collar workers. One should know how to treat them differently, without creating
- Able to guide their career themselves. This means that they should know how to find career growth.
- Assertive and be able to put forward his/her points in a discussion, but at the same time listen to everybody's viewpoint.